Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back from Vacation and Redemption



You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory.

Apologies everyone for having tuned out for a few days. Work schedule and deadlines were dragging my ass down and I had to control-alt-delete my brain for a few days. I just returned back from a business trip, and a week of vacation visiting some extended family in central Mexico. I also took the opportunity to take a few extra days of R&R in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo (Guerrero state) on the Pacific coast of Mexico. If you have ever seen the film Shawshank Redemption, this is the destination of Andy Dufresne at the end of the film (though what you saw on screen was actually filmed in the Virgin Islands, not the Pacific coast of Mexico).



Zihuatanejo is not an easy place to get to by car, but the mountains, rivers and landscape en route is truly beautiful. And Zihua itself is a special place. If sunny and hot is not you're thing, I do not recommend going to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo in August as I just did. Actually, the locals told me it's sunny and very hot year around, so it probably makes zero difference what time of year one visits.

I'm now back in the saddle again and rejuvenated. I realize I've missed quite a bit with Denard Robinson tearing it up in recent fall practices, something about Rich Rodriguez threatening to unleash a quarterback-by-committee strategy to confuse the upcoming opposition, the sports media and Wolverine fans alike. I'll touch on some of these developments shortly.

But I'm already thinking about my next trip: Al norte to Ann Arbor, Michigan for the season opener versus Western Michigan!

No comments: